Hall B Feature of the Week Archive
- February 16, 2015 - Slide
showing the fully completed and tested Central Neutron Detector for CLAS12 in its solenoid mockup.
- February 9, 2015 - Slide
showing the first production torus coil delivery to Hall B last week.
- February 2, 2015 - Slide
highlighting the layout of the JLab Torus Cryostat Factory and the different stations into which the three production coils
- January 26, 2015 - Slide
highlighting the important milestone achieved for module completion for the assembly of SVT R1, R2, R3, and R4 at Fermilab.
- December 22, 2014 - Slide
highlighting the delivery of the second production torus coil to JLab.
- December 15, 2014 - Slide
highlighting single pass beam to the HPS experiment on a 5 micron Platinum target and elastic events in the HPS calorimeter.
- December 8, 2014 - Slide
highlighting the first beam delivery in the 12 GeV era through Hall B to the Faraday cup and beam dump in the downstream alcove.
- December 1, 2014 - Photograph
of the Central Neutron Detector (CND) team at Orsay headed by Silvia Niccolai. In the background of the photograph are the production
CND modules being installed in a mock-up of the installation fixture and solenoid.
- November 17, 2014 - Photograph
of the first torus production coil delivered to JLab on November 15.
- November 10, 2014:
- Noting the first beam delivery to Hall B
in 30 months during the recent commissioning of the upstream beamline.
- Highlight of the significant development work related to the simulation of the CLAS12 detector. The
GSIM code suite is a GEANT-4 model of
the CLAS12 detector developed by Maurizio Ungaro.
- November 3, 2014 - Photograph
of the first torus production coil just before its second epoxy impregnation procedure.
- October 27, 2014 - Overview
of a new CLAS Collaboration paper that will be published in the journal Science on Momentum Sharing in Imbalanced Fermi
- October 20, 2014:
- A new CLAS paper in the
journal Physical Review Letters has been selected as an Editor's choice on strangeness suppression in exclusive reactions.
- Photograph showing the steel
work for the assembly spit for the new CLAS12 torus magnet.
- October 13, 2014 - Photograph
showing the completed full mirror assembly for the HTCC.
- October 6, 2014 - Photograph
showing the HPS calorimeter installed in the analyzing magnet in the HPS beamline.
- September 29, 2014 - Photograph
showing the completed solenoid prototype coil at the magnet vendor.
- September 8, 2014 - Photograph
showing the completed Region 2 layer of the SVT detector.
- September 1, 2014 - Photograph
showing workers preparing the magnet factory at JLab for a torus coil assembly.
- August 25, 2014 - Photograph
of a dry fit of the completed HTCC half-sector mirror assemblies on the large vacuum table in the HTCC cleanroom.
- August 18, 2014 - Photograph
of the work to prepare the rails that were installed on the Subway level in Hall B to support the superconducting solenoid magnet.
- August 4, 2014 - Photograph of
the newly delivered furniture for the Hall B Counting House.
- July 28, 2014 - Photograph of
the first half-sector mirror assemblies for the HTCC detector.
- July 21, 2014 - Photograph of
the test stand for evaluation of the multi-anode PMTs for the new RICH detector.
- July 14, 2014 - Photograph of
of the ongoing assembly of the inner layer of the SVT detector.
- July 7, 2014 - Photograph of a
small-scale test coil prototype for the CLAS12 torus after a successful epoxy impregration procedure. The top part of the picture shows
a portion of the test coil and the bottom part of the picture shows a cross sectional view of the coil after it was cut for inspection.
- June 30, 2014 - Photograph of the
HPS calorimeter case viewed from the top. The first installed PbWO crystal is shown.
- June 23, 2014 - Photograph from the
JLab Torus Cryostat Factory showing the completion of the first vacuum jacket pre-assembly in the Test Lab.
- June 16, 2014 - Photograph of
the Faraday Cup located deep along the downstream alcove in Hall B.
- June 9, 2014 - Photograph of
the recently completed chicane magnet installation for the HPS experiment in the downstream alcove of Hall B.
- May 26, 2014 - Overview of the results
of the review for the new Drift Chamber Readout Board (DCRB).
- May 19, 2014 - Photograph showing a montage
of photographs from Volker Burkert from this past weekend's JLab Open House.
- May 12, 2014 - Photograph
of the R1 SVT mechnical mockup.
- May 5, 2014 - A new CLAS paper
on the recent BONUS experiment results for the neutron structure function has been selected by PRC as an editor's suggestion.
The published paper is now available.
- April 28, 2014 - Photograph
of the platform installed in Hall B in front of the downstream alcove to be used during installation of the equipment for the Heavy Photon
Search (HPS) experiment.
- April 21, 2014 - Photograph
of one of the production modules of 2x3 scintillation counters for the new CLAS12 Central Neutron Detector being constructed at Orsay.
- April 14, 2014 - Featured write-up in the "DOE Pulse"
newsletter of science and technology highlights on the recent CLAS paper on the determination of the spin and parity of the Λ(1405).
- April 7, 2014 - Photograph of the
final two Region 1 chambers delivered to JLab from Idaho State University.
- March 31, 2014 - Photograph showing
Hall B technician Steve Christo working on preparations of the containment vessel for the CLAS12 High Threshold Cherenkov Detector.