Accelerator Seminar: Andrew Hutton
- Accelerator Seminar: Andrew Huttonhttps://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/j/16121109706?pwd=dUhFdHVDdkY1SGYzMldneVpkYVJTQT09TL 1227 & Remote2022-09-22EDT11:00:00 ~ 2022-09-22EDT12:00:0017546
Title: The European ERL Roadmap
Abstract: Following the European Strategy process in 2019, five Roadmap Panels were set up to prepare the technologies needed for future accelerators and colliders: high-field magnets, SRF, muon colliders, plasma wakefield accelerators and Energy Recovery Linacs (ERLs). The ERL Roadmap Panel, consisting of ERL experts from around the world, first developed a comprehensive overview of current and future ERLs. From this a gap analysis was carried out to evaluate the necessary R&D, which led to the development of the Roadmap. The European ERL Roadmap focused on four main aspects:
- The continuation and development of facility programs for which no additional funds are needed (S-DALINAC in Darmstadt and MESA in Mainz)
- Technology development for room-temperature HOM damping and twin-axis SRF cavities
- The timely upgrade of bERLinPro for 100mA current, and
- The construction of PERLE at Orsay as a dedicated 10MW beam-power multi-turn facility.
The Roadmap also describes a vision for future energy-frontier electron-positron and electron-hadron colliders, and describes a high-quality ERL program for 4.4K SRF technology at high Q0. The presentation will address the ERL Roadmap process and results in detail.
This seminar will be a hybrid event in the Test Lab room 1227 and remote.
Join ZoomGov Meeting
Meeting ID: 161 2110 9706