A variety of technical systems support the development, processing, assembly and testing of SRF accelerator systems at JLab.
- Nb cavity fabrication
- Electron Beam Welding
- Presses for deep drawing Nb components
- CNC mill for precision machining of prototype components
- Cavity processing facilities
- Closed chemistry cabinet
- High pressure UPW
- Electropolishing facility
- Vertical Cryogenic Test Area (VTA)
- Cryomodule assembly facilities
Although frequently matrixed as needed for particular projects, JLab staff working on SRF systems are organized in several groups.
SRF Institute Groups
- Special Projects
- Science and Technology - Provides scientific support to projects, operations and new development
- Processes and Materials
- QA/QC and Data Management - Provides SRF IT support and QA/QC services
- Cavity Processing - Processes and assembles SRF cavities for test and production
- Infrastructure - Maintains and operates pooled technical facilities for SRF
- Cryomodule Assembly - Assembles, tests, and maintains cryomodules
Testlab Areas Task List.