Administrative Manual - 208 Employee Performance and Conduct
208.07 Smoking Policy
JSA/JLab is committed to a policy of providing its staff members, users, subcontractors, visitors, and guests with a safe, environmentally sound, and healthy workplace.
- Effective September 1, 1995, Jefferson Lab shall become a Smoke-Free Workplace.
- Smoking is not permitted within any building or within 25 feet of entrances, operable windows, or outdoor air intakes.
- Smoking shall not be permitted in any government owned vehicle, cart, or equipment assigned to JSA/JLab, either on or off the Laboratory grounds.
This policy applies to all JSA/JLab facilities, vehicles, staff, users, subcontractors, visitors, and guests.
- The Human Resources and Services (HR&S) Department is responsible for issuing this policy, and coordinating related support activities.
- JSA/JLab employees are responsible for adhering to policy provisions and advising any visitors or guests whom they host of the restrictions on smoking at JLab.
- Managers and supervisors are responsible for implementing this policy, taking appropriate corrective actions against policy violators, and resolving disputes related to authorized smoking area determinations.
- Associate Directors are responsible for promulgating this policy in their respective organizations and ensuring uniform enforcement of the policy by subordinate managers.