Adm Version 0.4 Release Notes
This release includes few new widgets and some new BeanInfo classes
compared with previous release 0.3. Some of the widgets are also improved
and extended. The two types of jar file are provided for run time use and
for visual development IDE use.
2. New and changes:
- The adm.event package is created and CAdaptor, CDirectoryEvent and
CDirectoryListener classes are moved to this package. CTraceEvenet
and CTraceListener are added to this package.
- The new CCartesian widget and the data model CTrace are included
in this release.
- CDirectory class is extended to support the class name, device name
and property type query.
- The CLabel and CTextField are modified to work with the device
property with string value and numerical value.
- Some bugs are fixed.
- More BeanInfo classes and bean icons are included in this release.
The CStripChart and CCartesian beans can be used in visual IDE.
- The class documents are greatly enhanced.
- The Makefile is improved to create two jar files (one for run time and
another one for visual development IDE).
4. System requirements:
- In this release, the beans rely on the control system to provide
correct display range if the RANGE_FROM_PROPERTY style is selected.
The user should set range style to RANGE_STATIC or RANGE_AUTO if the
display high and display low have not been set properly.
- The custom property editor for CMenuButton bean is not provided
in this release. It can only been used in non-visual development.
- This package is still in a early development stage, the beans are
only been tested in NT and Linux platforms. Please report the
problems and bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Java 1.1.7 or higher is required. 1.1.8 and 1.2.2 versions of Java are
recommend. They can be downloaded from the
java.sun.com web site.
- Java CDEV version 2.2.1 is also required. They are available on
Java cdev web site.
- This release was tested under Linux Red Hat 6.0 and Windows 98 and NT 4.0
using java 1.1.8 and java 1.2.2.
Download the tar file from
Java cdev web site. Unpack the tar file using the tar utility. The tar files
are organized as follows:
| | | | |
admREADME adm adm.jar adm_develop.jar admdoc
| | | | *.html
*.java *.gif event Makefile
The document web pages generated by javadoc are under admdoc directory. They
can also be created using make file provided in adm directory (run
There are two jar files provided in this release. The adm.jar file contains
only none-BeanInfo class and used in the run time. It is relatively
smaller than adm_develop.jar file. The adm_develop.jar contains all class
files, including the BeanInfo classes, and all image files needed by the
visual builder tool. These two jar files can be created by run "make admjar"
on Unix or Linux platform. They are also available to download from the
cdev web site.
Return to the CDEV Java