Jefferson Lab, Newport News, Virginia
These are suggestions for free time activities and destinations in the area. Feel free to send us your own suggestions, and we can add them to the list!
In Newport News
- Newport News Greek Festival - this year's edition, May 28 to 31, ends on the HUGS arrival day - Free.
- Port Warwick concert series - Every Wednesday evening at Port Warwick - Free.
- Tradition Brewery at the city center - Live Music, plus every Wednesday is Trivia night from 7pm.
Check their Facebook page for other events: https://www.facebook.com/TraditionBrewing/
- Jazz at the Train Station - Every Friday: dinner + jazz (free entry, but you have to have dinner).
Check their calendar for other events: http://www.thetrainstation757.com/
- Visiting Historic Jamestowne and Yorktown Battlefield. $20 per person, valid for 7 consecutive days to enter both sites
- Visiting Jamestown Settlement. $17,50 per person
- Virginia Air & Space center. $20 per person
- Busch Gardens Theme & Water Park, Williamsburg. $77 for a day pass bought online
- Colonial Williamsburg. Walking around for free, $45 tickets for entering the buildings
- Going to Virginia Beach.
Bring sun lotion and plenty of water
- Going to many of the other beautiful, closer beaches in the area,
such as Buckroe Beach or Grandview Beach