We are happy to announce the Fourteenth Annual Virtual Poster Competition for Graduate Students! The poster session will occur during the meeting on June 23rd. The first, second, and third-place prizes will be $500, $250, and $100 respectively and include an additional $500 in travel support to present their work at an approved meeting.
The poster competition is conforming to our current remote culture this year. Each participant will submit a title, a poster file and a 4 minute recorded video of your poster presentation.
- Title should be emailed to Lorelei (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 8th.
- Include Name and University
- PDF poster file should be emailed to Lorelei by June 19th.
- Should be high resolution, designed to be printed at 48”x36”
- To be posted online
- 4 minute max poster presentation video uploaded by June 21st.
- Can be based on original poster file, or slides made using images from the poster
- Will be uploaded and host Q&A
The posters and the presentation will be judged on the following criteria:
- Scientific context and merit
- Scientific accomplishment, contribution and/or innovation
- Accessibility to the broad nuclear/particle physics community
- Poster design, clarity and visual impact
- Video presentation
Complete details will be sent when poster titles are received (ie. uploading and recording resources and instructions). Those participating should register for the JLUO Annual Meeting. Students that are delivering a talk are still eligible to submit a poster.
This project is supported by the JSA Initiatives Fund Program (http://www.jsallc.org/IF/IFProjects.html), a commitment from the JSA owners, SURA and PAE Applied Technologies. Initiatives Funds support programs, initiatives, and activities that further the scientific outreach, promote the science, education and technology of the Jefferson Lab and benefit the Lab's extended user community in ways that complement the Lab's basic and applied research missions.