The XXVI International Symposium on Lattice Field Theory
Instructions for Session Chairs
Thank you for agreeing to chair a session at Lattice 2008. Please find below some useful information for your guidance:
- All the talks will be given from the conference laptops located in each of the conference rooms. Please be at your assigned session 30 minutes prior to the start of the session, and ensure all the talks are placed on the memory stick, labeled with the room, in the conference laptop:
- The userid is Lattice08, password: William&Mary.
- PDF files are the strongly preferred format.
- Place the talk in the appropriate folder on the memory sticks, e.g. MondayAM, MondayPM.
- The allotted times for talks and questions are as follows:
- Parallel Sessions: 15 min. talk + 5 min. questions
- 30-Minute Plenary: 25 min. talk + 5 min. questions
- 40/45/50-Minute: 30/35/40 min. talk + 10 min. questions
- You will find �egg timers� and 10-, 5-, 2- and 0-minute flash cards in each room. Please use these to notify speakers prior to the end of the talk time, ensuring the allotted time for questions.
- One of the organizers will aim to be in each session, but in case of difficulty, the following numbers may be helpful:
- Registration desk: (757) 221-7703
- Conference Services: (757) 221-4804
- Matt Miller: (757) 221-7703
Once again, thank you very much for agreeing to act as chair, and enjoy your session!