Department of Energy Travel Managers' Meeting
April 16-17, 2007
Newport News, VA USA
The DOE Laboratories Travel Manager Group (DOE-TMG) is a group of professional Travel Managers from the major DOE Contractor facilities. The group meets once a year to:
- Address the travel related issues of mutual interest to various DOE Contractors.
- Provide a forum for information exchange, networking, and problem solving.
- Provide a base for benchmarking travel-related metrics.
- Provide an opportunity for each facility to enhance its overall management of travel policies and procedures.
- Assist each other in effectively addressing travel industry trends, applicable government regulations, and other issues.
The DOE-TMG goal is to foster communication and information exchange among the DOE Contractor facilities. This is accomplished through frequent interactions with all Travel Managers, both at the annual meetings and throughout the year. The discussions at the meeting provide an opportunity for all members to share their institutional travel policies, address issues and concerns regarding the travel industry, and share their successes and failures.
The 2007 DOE Travel Managers' Meeting is chaired by:
Newport News, VA 23606