Diversity & Inclusion at JLab
Efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion include:
- Partnership established with TNCC to participate in the STEM program. Two students completed internships with JLab as a result of this partnership.
- Established first JLab Co-Op Cohort with colleges/universities - six undergraduate engineering students have participated over the past two years. Two thirds of them were female; one of whom participated twice. This program coincided with the kick-off of a formal Mentoring Program that provided training and support for each student's mentor. Click on picture to view an interview with a Co-Op Mentor.
- Launched JLab participation in the University of Chicago's Strategic Laboratory Leadership Program (SLLP) and identified ten employees for our first two cohorts. Three of the ten were female.
- Attended a record number of job fairs (at college campuses, professional associations, and virtual) averaging around 20 per year to market JLab and enhance the talent pipeline, particularly for women and minorities.
- Leveraged technology to create a JLab Recruiting Facebook page as well as established Twitter accounts to engage a broader/diverse audience. Developed a Talent Community profile page via technology/web tools to track passive and active job seekers.