If you are retiring or leaving JLAB, follow these simple steps for paper AND electronic records:
- Identify all JLAB records in your possession.
- What's a record? See "Quick Definition" here. (Opens in new window).
- Reassign records to another employee in your group.
- Identify personal files and non-record copies for removal. (Non-record copies include non-action files on which you were cc'd, reference materials like catalogs, etc.)
- If applicable, return records which have been transferred to you from Records Management for temporary use.
- Discuss with your supervisor how you will transfer file cabinet keys, computer system passwords, and vault/restricted area combinations.
Contact Kim Edwards, Records Manager, at x7805 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you need assistance.