Area Access for Students
- Guidelines for student working in Experimental Halls:
- No one under 18 (student or otherwise) may work in the halls
- No high school student may work outside regular working hours
- Under graduates working outside regular hours must be approved by the DSO
- Graduate students are considered users
- During the first three months working in conjunction with JLab or user staff, undergraduate students 18 and over may be allowed to work in the halls (following all standard rules outlined in the Hall COO, the Hall RWP and more generally, the JLab EH&S manual) with the provisions that:
- They have completed the FULL complement of standard training courses (EH&S awareness, ODH, Rad Worker I Hall specific hazard awareness and "COO" traiuning) and any additional training that may be deemed necessary for the assigned task;
- Their work in the hall is always under the supervision of a hall-authorized "buddy", with the only non-standard condition that the buddy is not another undergraguate;
- One of the following is true;
- A permanent JLab staff member has supervisory responsibility for their work, is cognizant of the work to be done, and approves the "buddy" or
- A fully trained user is their supervisior for the purpose of their work at JLab, is cognizant of the work to be done and approves the "buddy,"
At the end of the 3-month "trial-period", undergraduate students 18 and older who have demonstrated to the satisfaction of a JLab staff member that they are responsible and safety concious shall be permitted to work in the halls under the same guidelines that apply to other users.