Theory Senior Staff
|Robert G. Edwards
Theory Center Senior Staff
Born Lafayette, Lousiana; B.S. Physics with High Honors and Special Honors, Univ. of Texas, Austin, 1984; B.S. Mathematics with High Honors, Univ. of Texas, Austin, 1984; M.S. Physics, New York Univ., 1986; Ph.D. Physics, New York Univ., 1989; New York Univ. Ultracomputer Project, 1985. Positions held include Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Supercomputer Computations Research Institute (SCRI), Florida State Univ., 1989-1992; Asst. Research Scientist, SCRI, Florida State Univ., 1992-1997; Assoc. Research Scientist, SCRI, Florida State Univ., 1997-1999; Senior Staff Scientist, TJNAF, 1999-present. Awards include Andre Meyer Fellowship, New York Univ., 1984; Dean's Dissertation Fellowship, New York Univ., 1988; Gordon Bell Prize for Price Performance SC98, 1998. Ph.D. New York Univ., 1989. Staff Scientist, TJNAF Author of over 50 refereed and invited journal articles. Co-PI Theoretical High Energy Physics grant, SCRI, 1992-1999. U.S. Dept. of Energy SciDAC grant, JLab, 2001-2003.
- Spectroscopy studies in lattice QCD.
- Hadronic structure in lattice QCD.
- Chiral fermion development and studies of chiral symmetry breaking in gauge theories.
- Gordon Bell Prize for Price Performance SC98, 1998 for the QCDSP Supercomputer.
- Development for the National Computational Infrastructure for Lattice Gauge Theory, U.S. Dept. of Energy SciDAC Initiative.