Material Handling Committee
The Material Handling Committee (MHC) responds to requests from and suggests topics for review to the EH&S Division Associate Director. The committee also proactively initiates improvements to the lab's material handling safety policies and procedures. In particular, the MHC is responsible for:
- Porvide recommendations to the Laboratory Director (through AD ESH&Q) on the development and implementation of policy, program code and regulatory interpretation.
- Provide a forum for the JLab community to seek information on material handling needs.
- Review and recommend changes in the following established training:
- SAF 202 Personal Fall Protection (Clarity Net)
- SAF 302 Aerial Work Platform Operator Training
- SAF 403 Overhead Crane Operator Qualification
- SAF 403X Overhead Crane Operator Qualification Extension
- SAF 502 Forklift Operator Training
- SAF 502A Forklift Operator Recertification (Clarity Net)
- SAF 502B Forklift Attachments
- SAF 703J Qualified Journeyman Rigger
- SAF 702M Qualified Master Rigger
- Provide assistance in evaluating unique hazards as requested.
- Provide assistance in evaluating uniuqe hazards as required
- Review incidents for determination and communication of lessons learned in conjunstion with ESH&Q programs.
- Maintain the charter for this committee to reflect the labs needs
- Other assignments directed by AD ESH&Q and Lab Director