Changes in Policies and Procedures
|ATTENTION: Pressure systems with a design initiated on or after January 4, 2016 shall meet the requirements of the new Supplement. For pressure systems under construction prior to the above start date, the assigned DA shall choose to either follow the Supplement or continue following Revision 3.4 of ES&H Manual Chapter 6151 Pressure and Vacuum Safety Program and its Technical Appendices. If Revision 3.4 is followed, the DA must still complete Forms PS-1, PS-4 and PS-5 of this Supplement; create and file a P&ID; and complete the steps defined in Part 2, Section 10, Inspections and Section 11, System Turnover.|
|Use caution when viewing documents on cellphones or tablets. Compatibility issues can cause formatting and cross reference changes.|
- ES&H Manual 6151
- Pressure and Vacuum Systems Safety Supplement
- Welding and Brazing Program Supplement
- ES&H Manual Welding and Brazing Program Supplement - OLD
- JLab employees who need to take Pressure and Vacuum Systems Hazard Awareness training for the first time must attend the classroom course, and may register here: https://misportal.jlab.org/training/home.seam.
- Users or Students can register for a classroom course if timing is appropriate or take the web-based SAF130AU version for users: https://misportal.jlab.org/training/home.seam.
- For those who need a refresher, an online version is available at: https://www.jlab.org/div_dept/train/webbasedtraining.html
- Design Authority Training slides, from March 9, 2016: slides
- System Owner Training slides, from January 18, 2017: slides
- Pressure Systems Collections (Docushare)
- Pressure & Vacuum Systems Safety Supplement - Launch Memo
- ES&H Manual Chapter 6122 Hot Work (i.e. Welding, Cutting, Brazing, and Grinding) Safety Program
- George Rawls' Out Brief: Pressure Systems Assist Visit 10-12 February 2015