Our mission is to help Jefferson Lab staff, users, and subcontractors understand and meet their responsibility to perform their work safely and in an environmentally sound manner in an atmosphere of continuous improvement. We will meet or exceed the expectations of our external customers as well.
The primary objectives of the ES&H Division are:
- Provide line management support for safe work planning and conduct;
- Provide necessary ES&H expertise to direct and manage lab-wide and division programs;
- Provide technical support for hazardous activities and conditions;
- Work with line management and Training and Performance to develop and provide formal and "Just-in-Time" training in specific ES&H disciplines;
- Communicate ES&H information to assist line management in preventing and appropriately responding to potentially hazardous conditions;
- Monitor and report ES&H activities, serving as primary liaison with the DOE and other regulators.
ES&H Reporting Officer Contact Information:
** PLEASE call the number(s) above or email Steve Hoey, Associate Director, ES&H to report all near misses/near hits!
**Click on the above "Safety Flash" image to access the archives.
Safety Related Recalls:
For additional information on safety related recalls visit: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recalls-by-Product/