Environment, Safety, Health & Quality
Our mission is to help Jefferson Lab staff, users, and subcontractors understand and meet their responsibility to perform their work safely and in an environmentally sound manner in an atmosphere of continuous improvement. We will meet or exceed the expectations of our external customers as well.
The primary objectives of the ESH&Q Division are:
- Provide line management support for safe work planning and conduct;
- Provide necessary ESH&Q expertise to direct and manage lab-wide and division programs;
- Provide technical support for hazardous activities and conditions;
- Work with line management and Training and Performance to develop and provide formal and "Just-in-Time" training in specific ESH&Q disciplines;
- Communicate ESH&Q information to assist line management in preventing and appropriately responding to potentially hazardous conditions;
- Monitor and report ESH&Q activities, serving as primary liaison with the DOE and other regulators.
ES&H Reporting Officer Contact Information:
Safety Related Recalls:
For additional information on safety related recalls visit: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recalls-by-Product/
ISMS is more than just working safely. It is a system that ensures the protection of the public, Jefferson Lab staff and users, the environment, and contributes to the overall quality of the important work done at the lab. The ISMS is only effective when the right tools are applied at the right time.
The purpose of the Operational Excellence Case Studies is to help you recognize where human and organizational errors occur in the workplace. The events are real. We have tried to identify the active errors or latent conditions that were in place to understand what did not go right. We may not identify all contributing causes but it is not the purpose of these case studies to re-investigate past event only to use them as learning tools. As you read and discuss these case studies, place yourself in a similar position; what tools are available to you that could help spot the error precursors
These Tool Box Talks are brief presentations to help raise awareness and remind workers of safety protocols. They can be used to promote your department's safety culture as well as facilitate health and safety discussions.