Radiographic Examination and Acceptance Testing (RT) Procedure
Requirements to bring RGDs (Radiation Generating Devices) or Soil Density Gauges on Jefferson Lab property
- JLAB SOTR should set an appointment with the RadCon Operations Manager (David Hamlette, 757-876-1743) to arrange a time for the Vendor to be onsite.
- Vendor should contact RadCon Operations Group Manager (David Hamlette, 757-876-1743) to schedule a day/time of their impending arrival. This call should be made AT LEAST 24 hours in advance.
- Vendor should read the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Vendor should fax/email the following documents before arriving on site (fax 757-269-6050; email:firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Calibration record of the instrument being used
- Up-to-date training report (Radiation Worker I training and training on the specific instrument) of the equipment operator
- Up-to-date dose history record
- All documents should be complete and up-to-date or the work will need to be rescheduled.
- Once they are on site:
- Vendor will need to read and electronically sign the Jefferson Lab Radiological Work Permit for use with RGDs/Soil Density Gauges
- Meet with a technician and/or the Operations Group Manager to discuss their work plan and to inspect their equipment
- Bring their own dosimetry. They will also be issued dosimetry from JLAB while they are here.