Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
PAC Charge for 12 GeV Review
Jefferson Lab requests that PAC 32:
- Review both proposals* and letters of intent† for experiments that will use the base equipment currently planned for the 12 GeV Upgrade and provide advice on their scientific merit, technical feasibility and resource requirements.
- Identify high-quality physics that, based on what we know today, is highly likely to be of sufficient scientific merit that it will be included in the priority list to be established for the first 5 years of 12 GeV Operations
- Identify other physics that has the potential for falling into this category pending clarification of scientific and/or technical issues
- Provide comments on technical and scientific issues that should be addressed by the proponents prior to a second review and the assignment of scientific priority at a future PAC.
* Proposals and letters of intent will be considered ONLY if the proponents clearly state their intent to participate in and contribute to the construction of the base equipment.
† Letters of intent for 12 GeV at PAC30 will be given the same "rights" to their scientific ideas as are currently afforded to deferred experiments