An international sickness and accident insurance plan is available for purchase. A copy of each applicant's valid immigration documentation is required to process insurance documentation.
This insurance option is offered to insure the availability of quality medical care to all of our visiting researchers/students/postdocs and their dependents while at Jefferson Lab.
Sickness and accident plans include prescription cards to all enrollees. This card will offer a Medex discount unique to each prescription plus a 20% co-pay.
*Visitor Sickness and Accident Insurance Plans also include a 24-hour access for International Travel Assistance Services.
The medical insurance monthly premium rates effective October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2021 are as follows:
If you are a Researcher, the monthly rates are:
|Age 40 or less||$289.00||$553.00||$337, birth to age 19
(Inclusive of all children in family)
If you are a Student or a Postdoc, the monthly rates are:
|Children:||$358.53 (Inclusive of all children in family)|
NOTE: ALL STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN DOMESTIC INSTITUTIONS WITH APPROVED FUNDING FROM JLAB FOR VISITOR MEDICAL INSURANCE ARE REQUIRED TO PAY 50% OF THE MONTHLY PREMIUMS.
Description of Researcher Coverage
Description of Student/Postdoc Coverage
Researcher Enrollment Form
Student/Postdoc Enrollment Form
Visitor Insurance Responsibilities
Visitor Medical Insurance Overview
Please address all insurance information and inquiries to Sue Ewing at (757) 269-7687 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dosimeter Information (on site only)
- ID Requirements
- B-1 Visa
- English Proficiency Test for J-1 Exchange Visitors
- J-1Exchange Visitors Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
- Social Security Card
- J-1 Non-immigrants Applying for a Social Security Number
- Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments
- U.S. Tax Information
- Virginia State Tax Information
- English as a Second Language
- Requirements for Receiving JLab Support
- Visa Document Guidelines Required for Travel Reimbursement for Foreign National Visitors
- Student Orientation Booklet
- International Visitors
- Mentoring JLab Students
- Hosting Foreign Nationals