An international accident and sickness insurance plan is available for purchase. A copy of each applicant's valid immigration documentation is required to process insurance documentation.
This insurance option is offered to insure the availability of quality medical care to all of our visiting researchers and their dependents while at Jefferson Lab.
Medical plans include prescription cards to all enrollees. This card will offer a Medex discount unique to each prescription plus a 20% co-pay.
*Visitor Medical Insurance Plans also include a 24-hour access for Europ Travel Assistance Services.
The medical insurance monthly premium rates effective October 1, 2018 are as follows:
If you are a Researcher, the monthly rates are:
|Age 40 or less||$289.00||$553.00||$337, birth to age 19
(Inclusive of all children in family)
If you are a Student or a Postdoc, the monthly rates are:
|Children:||$358.53 (Inclusive of all children in family)|
Description of Researcher Coverage
Description of Student/Postdoc Coverage
Researcher Enrollment Form
Student/Postdoc Enrollment Form
Visitor Insurance Responsibilities
Visitor Medical Insurance Overview
- Dosimeter Information (on site only)
- ID Requirements
- B-1 Visa
- English Proficiency Test for J-1 Exchange Visitors
- J-1Exchange Visitors Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
- Social Security Card
- J-1 Non-immigrants Applying for a Social Security Number
- Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments
- U.S. Tax Information
- Virginia State Tax Information
- English as a Second Language
- Requirements for Receiving JLab Support
- Visa Document Guidelines Required for Travel Reimbursement for Foreign National Visitors
- Student Orientation Booklet
- International Visitors
- Mentoring JLab Students