In order to provide a safe and secure place to work, Jefferson Lab requires all individuals to acquire and maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities (generically called "skills") which are designed for specific organizations, personnel types, jobs, and on-site work areas. Most of these skills are acquired through training.
The minimum requirement, after registration or employee orientation, for access to CEBAF Center, Support Service Center, and the ARC building is;
- Environmental, Safety and Health Orientation (SAF100)
- Security Awareness for Employees (GEN034) or for Users (GEN034U)
- Standards of Conduct (GEN101) for Employees only
For access to all other areas, please see your JLab supervisor, host, or SOTR for specific requirements. If required skills are not kept current, access to the specific work area will be denied.
To review and complete the training for your required skills; you should start at our web-based training page. Most required skills training can be accomplished online except for the RadWorker 1 Test. This test is administered in the User Office (CEBAF Center, Rm. L111), the Radcon building, or the Support Services Center, building 28.
If you have any questions regarding training, please see your JLab supervisor, host, or SOTR.. Individual training-related skill status can be reviewed at the Insight page. Login with your JLab username and password. Training-related Skills can be found on the left side of the page, under Personal Information.
|Special Note for
High School and Undergraduate Students
All High School Studenta and Undergraduate students must also complete the Student Safety and Security Training prior to gaining access to work areas. This course cannot be taken online. Contact the Science Education Office (email@example.com) to schedule this training.
- Dosimeter Information (on site only)
- ID Requirements
- B-1 Visa
- English Proficiency Test for J-1 Exchange Visitors
- J-1Exchange Visitors Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
- Social Security Card
- J-1 Non-immigrants Applying for a Social Security Number
- Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments
- U.S. Tax Information
- Virginia State Tax Information
- English as a Second Language
- Requirements for Receiving JLab Support
- Visa Document Guidelines Required for Travel Reimbursement for Foreign National Visitors
- Student Orientation Booklet
- International Visitors
- Mentoring JLab Students
- Hosting Foreign Nationals