About Our Co-Op Program:
Valuable, real-world experience working with world-leading scientists and engineers is waiting for you as a Jefferson Lab Co-Op student. Students are partnered with an assigned mentor and participate in hands-on projects while earning academic credit during their tenure at the Lab. A student’s work performance is shared with his/her College/University at the end of the work term and culminates in a project presentation.
Time spent relating textbook concepts to real life application will make you a more valuable student as well as an employee upon graduation. The National Commission for Cooperative Education states that 95% of students who have Co-Op experience on their resumes receive jobs immediately after graduation. Advance your education and gain valuable experience contributing to world-class research.
Ideal Candidates are:
- At least 18 years of age
- Full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics or Computer Science at an accredited institution.
- Sophomore level or higher.
- Possess at least a 3.0 GPA or higher
- The student’s College/University reviews the work project and awards credit hours as they deem appropriate for a Co-Op, Independent Study or as part of any other academic pursuit.
- Ability to work 40 hours during the Co-Op work assignment.
If you are interested in learning more about the Student Co-Op Program, please send an email to:
Please check our Job Openings page to find open positions