Table of Contents:
|Repository:||Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility|
|JLAB History Archives Project|
|12000 Jefferson Ave., Room L203A|
|Newport News, VA 23606|
|Phone: (757) 269-7805|
|Fax: (757) 269-5427|
|Provenance:||Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility|
|Title:||Institutional Records: Office of Communications Internal Records|
|Dates:||1958 - present day|
|Size:||4 Hollinger Document boxes; 1.67 linear feet|
|Materials in collection:||Photographs, correspondence, media proofs, tour schedules, reviews and reports|
|Location:||Jefferson Lab Archives|
This collection contains the office records from the Communications Office. Within are various correspondence, organizational documents for special events and records for tours and speaking events.
This collection also has a significant digital collection; this collection is considered a living collection and as more is added, both the physical and digital collections grow. For researchers using this collection, it is recommended to contact the Jefferson Lab archivist for information and assistance.
This collection contains the office records from the Communications Office. Within are various correspondence, organizational documents for special events and records for tours and speaking events. This collection also has a significant digital collection; this collection is considered a living collection and as more is added, both the physical and digital collections grow. For researchers using this collection, it is recommended to utilize the Jefferson Lab archivist for seeking information.
There are seven series within this collection:
- Series I: Tours. This series contains the records of tours, applications for tours, as well as speaking events, both internal and external, given by staff of the Lab.
- Series II: Correspondence. Letters and emails exchanged between the Communications Office and other parties are contained within this series.
- Series III: Media. Encompassing media inquiries, proofs, and press releases, this series addresses the Communications Office's dealing with the media/press.
- Series IV: Special Events. This series contains information on the planning and execution of major events that have happened at the Lab or events in which the Lab has participated.
- Series V: General Information. Contained within this series is general information and miscellany that was generated from the Communications Office.
- Series VII: General Accounting Office. In 1985, the General Accounting Office visited CEBAF and the various communications and reports are located within this series.
- Series: VII: History. Historical documents from the 1958 proposal of a high-energy accelerator to the soliciting of a historian to tell the story of how CEBAF came to be are within this series.
- The collection may be used solely for noncommercial educational and research purposes by researchers and historians. Please contact the Jefferson Lab Records Management Office if you would like to use the collection.
- Jefferson Lab is providing access to the materials in the JLAB History Project's collections solely for noncommercial educational and research purposes. The unauthorized use, including, but not limited to, publication of the materials without the prior written permission of Jefferson Lab is strictly prohibited. All inquiries regarding permission to publish should be submitted in writing to the Archivist. In addition to permission from Jefferson Lab, permission of the copyright owner (if not Jefferson Lab) and/or any holder of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) may also be required for reproduction, publication, distribution, and other uses. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of any item and securing any necessary permissions rests with the persons desiring to publish the item. Jefferson Lab makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the materials or their fitness for a particular purpose.
Applied Research Center
CEBAF (Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility)
JSA (Jefferson Science Associates)
SURA (Southeastern Universities Research Association)
[Identification of Item], Box [insert number], Item or Folder [insert number and title], Institutional Records: Institutional Records: Communications Office Internal Records, Jefferson Lab Archives, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, 12000 Jefferson Ave., Room L203A, Newport News, VA, 23606
This collection was acquired from the Communications Office.
This collection was processed by Melissa Erlandson in December, 2017
This collection was supported in part by a grant from the History Programs, American Institute of Physics.