- Make initial assessment of the situation.
- If warranted call 9-911 and report fire.
- Evacuate occupants.
- Report to assembly point
Access to Building 59 is through two doors, one located at the north east corner and one at the south west corner
There is moderate exposure to the Cryogenic Test Facility, building 57, and exposure to the Test Lab, however, this exposure is all concrete.
- Flammable storage cabinet lacated center south inside of the building. Typical contents are paint, strip-x, alcohol, and flux remover. An inventory list is kept on a bookshelf on the north wall.
- Squeeze bottles of flammable liquids used in small quantities at all workstations.
- Wire storage adjacent to flammable storage cabinet, south end of the building. Wire has conbustible insulation.
- Glass bead sandblaster and 25^3 ft. paint booth in the machine shop area in north east corner of the building.
Structure is an electronics shop; normally about 10 people are working inside.
This is a single story pre-fabricated metal building. The framing structure is all metal with metal beams and metal studs. The building rests on a concrete pad. The interior is sheetrocked to approximately 3/4 from the ceiling. It also has fibergalss insulation throughout the inside, even on the celing. The ceiling also has 16 skylights made of semi-transparent fiberglass. The building measures 40'x95'. Floor is solid vinyl. The power feed to the building is between buildings #57 and #59, ( south end of 59). The heating and air conditioning units are in a room reached only from outside the building and are electrical.
- Three fire extinguishers are located inside the building, one at each exit and one in the machine shop.
- First aid kit inside south west door.
Approximately $500,000 worth of equipment is inside the building and work space for about a dozen employees.
Building 59 menu
Index of buildings