Annual Benefits Open Enrollment Starts Today
Feb. 18, 2013
Attention All Regular and Term Employees:
The 2013 Annual Benefits Open Enrollment Period for Jefferson Lab starts today,
and will be offered through
March 1, 2013
. This is the time of the season for you to review and, if necessary, modify your benefits options.
Below are a few reminders concerning the Open Enrollment Process
As in the past, we will continue to offer a Default System of Benefits Enrollment. This means that if you are NOT changing benefits, selecting a medical option outside of the default health plan and do NOT enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you do not need to re-enroll. Your current benefit elections will remain on file and be effective for the 2014 benefit year.
Conditions in which you will need to access the Employee Self Service (ESS) System:
- To make changes to your current benefit elections;
- To participate for the first time in a Medical Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Plan;
- Continue your enrollment in a Medical Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
2013 Important Information:
- Medical plan options remained unchanged with the exception of the premium increase.
Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) contributions are limited to $2,500.
- Dependent coverage is available up to age 26; check your plan for eligibility requirements.
- The benefit plan year renews on April 1, 2013 and runs through March 31, 2014. Therefore, any changes made during open enrollment will be effective on April 1, 2013.
- In compliance with the Affordable Care Act, a new document summarizing health plan coverage, the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), is available on the Benefits webpage. As in previous years, detailed plan information regarding JSA's benefits plans will continue to be available on the benefits website and through the Human Resources Department.
- Review your beneficiary designations in the Employee Self-Service (ESS) system to ensure they are up to date.
Instructions to Log Into the Employee Self Service (ESS) System:
To log into the ESS go to
or click on the open enrollment link from the Insight page. To learn more specifics regarding this year's plan changes and enhancements, please view the 'Summary of Benefits Matrix' found on the Benefits web page
or the attached PDF
Training on the ESS System as well as an overview of the 2013 medical plans and all other sponsored Lab Benefits will be offered at the following times:
|Monday||February 18||1:30 - 2:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||February 20||10:00 - 11:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday||February 26||3:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||February 27||9:00 - 10:00 a.m.|
All sessions will be conducted in the CEBAF Center, room F113
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following: Treva Ferguson at ext. 7291 or Doug Roeder at ext. 7576