Complete Timesheets/Important Info on Run-a-Round & Upcoming Holiday Charging
Please complete and sign your timesheet for May 1-15, 2019 at the end of your work day today, May 15th. If you are a supervisor and one or more of your employees are absent, you are responsible for completing and signing their timesheets by the end of the day. The timesheet can be signed before the end of the period when your last day of work is complete and/or if you are recording downtime (vacation, sick leave, etc.) for the remainder of the period. Supervisor and project manager approvals on these timesheets are due to Finance no later than 2 p.m. on Thursday, May 16. For those who supervise students and casuals, sign their timesheets even if they did not have time for this period.
As a reminder, employees shall record all actual work hours against the appropriate charge code at the end of each day when their work shift is complete either in the timekeeping system or in an off-line system. Any off-line system shall be retained indefinitely by the employee for audit and must be provided to an auditor when requested. This could occur at any time for any time period including years after the timesheet period has been closed. It is therefore recommended for employees to record time in the timekeeping system daily at the end of their work day.
Run-a-Round Timesheet Charging Guidance
The Jefferson Lab Run-a-Round was held on Tuesday, May 7, 2019. Volunteering for, participating in, or attending the Lab-Wide Run Around event is considered work time and is chargeable to the project code RUNRND as follows:
- Charge actual time for participating, attending, or volunteering between the hours of 3pm-6pm on May 7, 2019. For example:
- If you attended between 3:00pm and 5:00pm, charge 2 hours to RUNRND.
- If you worked the event between 3:00pm and 4:00pm and attended between 4:00pm and 5:30pm, charge 2.5 hours to RUNRND.
- Charge actual volunteer hours for pre & post event activities (outside of 3pm-6pm, May 7, 2019).
Upcoming Holiday - Memorial Day, Monday, May 27, 2019
Memorial Day is Monday, May 27, 2019. Employees shall record 8 hours for full-time (or part-time pro-rate) of holiday time on Monday, May 27, 2019; unless as an exempt employee, you have received authorization to float the holiday. Exempt employees must work 8 hours on Monday to float the holiday; please contact Payroll at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to float.
If you are on an Alternate Work Schedule or Part-Time Schedule, you are required to record 8 hours (or part-time pro-rate) of holiday time for Monday, regardless of the number of hours you are scheduled.
- If you are scheduled for more hours on Monday, you need to work with your supervisor to determine if you are going to take leave or flex hours to account for the differential.
- If you are scheduled for fewer hours (or if you are off) on Monday, you need to work with your supervisor to determine when you may take your shortened day or alternate day off or non-exempts will be paid for overtime.
- Please remember that Exempt employees may flex across the pay period and Non-exempts may only flex within the week.
Please see pages 49-51 of the Timekeeping Manual for examples of flexing time when the employee is not on a standard 5x8 schedule.
You can access the Costpoint/T&E system as follows:
URL - https://misportal.jlab.org/time
User Account: Network User ID
Password: Network Password
The Timekeeping & Payroll website is located at https://www.jlab.org/finance/payroll. This website contains links to the Timekeeping and Admin Manuals as well as links to training sessions and videos showing basic navigation and time recording within the timesheet system.
The link directly to the Time Collection Manual is as follows:
Please contact Janet Smith, ext. 7503, Anuther Boykins, ext. 7620, or Matthew Krug, ext. 7120 if you have any questions.
Thank you for your assistance.