Information on DOE Salary Freeze
On Friday, December 18, 2010, you received an email from Mont with notification of the Department of Energy's (DOE) announcement to implement a two year pay freeze for DOE sites/facilities and all national laboratories effective January 1, 2011. This decision follows the recent announcement last month to freeze all federal workforce salaries. As noted, this decision will impact all employees at Jefferson Lab for FY 11 and FY 12.
The details as we currently understand them are:
- No merit increases for FY 11 & FY 12
- Adjustments to salary ranges are frozen
- National Labs will not be permitted to implement catch-up increases in future years
- No other benefits offered by Jefferson Lab will be impacted by this decision (medical/401(k)/dental/life insurance, etc)
- Hiring requests may still be made through the routine recruitment channels for critical needs
Promotions will continue to be evaluated in the current review cycle. Final approval for all promotions will be coordinated through DOE.
- When approval is given, the effective date for promotions is scheduled for March 2011.
- Promotional considerations are given for those employees whose job duties and scope have increased significantly.
The website below has been established to provide you with additional information and as more details are known we will pass them along. A list of Q & A's from DOE has been posted for reference.
Information on DOE Salary Freeze http://www.jlab.org/div_dept/admin/HR/freeze.html
For now, if you have questions, please contact Doug Roeder (ext. 7576) or me (ext. 5991).