Jefferson Lab Begins Prep for 2014 Hurricane Season
The National Weather Service has determined “Hurricane Season” to be June 1 - Nov. 30. Jefferson Lab participates in observing this season by elevating its preparedness level to Hurricane Preparedness Condition 1 (HPC-1) on June 1.
We will keep you informed if there is any reason to elevate the lab's preparedness level beyond HPC-1.
• Review your emergency contact tree. Ensure its accuracy and distribute appropriately.
• If you have submitted an Emergency Shutdown and Re-Start Activity Schedule, please review and send any changes to the Emergency Manager. (See https://jlabdoc.jlab.org/docushare/dsweb/View/Collection-16469
• Delegate roles and responsibilities to individuals under your authority in the event the lab goes to HPC-2 and HPC-3.
• Determine if your operations require personnel on-site when the lab is evacuated (e.g., for recovery operations).
- If so, be prepared to provide the names, emergency contact information, and reason for designation to your Associate Director when the lab advances to Hurricane Preparedness Condition 2 (HPC-2).
- All names are reviewed and approved by the Emergency Management Team as appropriate.
• Review your Hurricane Warden Checklist (See https://jlabdoc.jlab.org/docushare/dsweb/View/Collection-15960 ) and perform activities as required:
• Inventory your Emergency Equipment/Supply Box.
• Inspect the structural integrity of the buildings, trailers and transportainers assigned to you.
• Confirm completion to the Emergency Manager and others as required.
Requests for specific information or clarification may be sent to Jefferson Lab’s Emergency Manager, Tina Menefee, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 768-4030.