JLab Benefits Online Open Enrollment Ends Today
Posted on behalf of Human Resources Benefits Office
Attention All Regular and Term Employees,
The 2019 Benefits Online Open Enrollment Period for JSA ends today, February 22, 2019. This is your final opportunity to review and, if necessary, modify your benefits options. Below are a few reminders concerning the Open Enrollment process as well as important updates regarding any plan changes.
If you are NOT changing your benefits, NOT selecting a medical option outside of the default health plan, and do NOT want to enroll in or continue to contribute to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you do not need to re-enroll. Your current benefit elections will remain on file and be effective for the April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020 benefit year.
You WILL need to access the Employee Self Service (ESS) System:
- To make changes to your current benefit elections.
- To participate for the first time in a Medical Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Plan.
- To continue your enrollment in a Medical Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account since your elections do not roll over from year to year.
To access the Open Enrollment system go to the Lab's Insight page and locate the link under Announcements, or follow this link to the Deltek Time & Expense System: misportal.jlab.org/time
- Log in and select “Self Service” at the top of the page;
- Select "Payroll & Benefits;"
- Select "Benefits Enrollment" to enter the Open Enrollment screens.
2019 Benefits Annual Renewal at a Glance Table: Key Changes
|Type of Benefit||Highlights for April 2019|
Optional Life Insurance
|Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)||
- To learn more specifics about premium changes, follow the links to view the Summary of Benefits and the Benefits Enhancements and Key Changes Matrices; these are also found on the Benefits Webpage.
- Dependent coverage is available up to age 26; consult the plan for eligibility requirements.
- JSA's benefit plan year renews on April 1, 2019, and remains in effect through March 31, 2020. Any changes made during open enrollment will be effective on April 1, 2019.
The deadline to make changes for the 2019 benefits year is today, February 22, 2019. The elections you make will remain in effect for the entire benefit year unless you experience a permitted life status change.
In an effort to be as responsive to employees as possible during this peak time, please email your benefit questions to email@example.com. HR Benefits staff will provide follow up by the end of the business day.
Human Resources Director