JLab Community: Ready, Set, Go! to the May 11, 2011 JAG Run-A-Round
Jefferson Lab Activities Group Annual Run-A-round Timeline Reminders
- Race Day: Wednesday, May 11, 9 a.m. â?? 2:30 p.m. Registered participants: Pick up race bib in the CEBAF Center Lobby.
- Day of race late registration: 9 a.m. â?? 2:30 p.m. in the CEBAF Center Lobby. Not eligible for awards.
- Debut of JLab 2011 T-shirt: 3 p.m.: CEBAF Center Circle.
- Run-A-Round begins promptly at 3:15 p.m. Start line on the South Connector Road (heading east) in front of CEBAF Center Circle.
- Race Map: http://www.jlab.org/intralab/committees/jag/runaround/2011/RaR_racemap_2011.jpg
- At the end of the race: Staff and users may turn in their Run-A-Round bibs at the T-shirt distribution tent for a 2011 JLab T-shirt.
- 3:45-6 p.m.: Food and beverages on field behind SURA Residence Facility.
- After 4:45 p.m.: Awards announced.
Run-A-Round Will Temporarily Close JLab Roads
Please be aware that during the Run-A-Round (3 - 4 p.m.), some roads and parking lots on the JLab campus will be closed temporarily to traffic for runner/walker safety. JLab's main entrance (Onnes Drive), Lawrence Drive, Hofstadter Road, Rutherford Road and the North and South Connector Roads adjacent to CEBAF Center will be closed during the race. The main CEBAF Center parking lot will be closed as will the VARC parking lots and a portion of the large lot across Hofstadter Road adjacent to the ARC. (A detailed Site Map is downloadable from: http://www.jlab.org/visitors/visiting/map_detailed.pdf
If you will need to leave JLab during this time, please park your car, before 3 p.m., in the small lot directly in front of the ARC or the most northwest end of the big ARC lots (closest to Hofstadter) or in the EEL parking lot. Vehicles at the ARC will be able to depart via Lawrence and Hogan. Vehicles parked at the EEL will be able to leave via Hadron/Rattley to Hogan.
As walkers clear portions of the course, those sections of road will be opened back up to traffic.
Family members participating in the event are asked to arrive at the lab before 2:45 p.m. so they can get parked in the main CEBAF Center lot (east side) in advance of roads and parking lots being closed for the race.
Parking at the SURA Residence Facility is only for registered Res. Facility guests. Vehicles are not permitted to park along the lane just east of the Res. Facility that leads back to the Hall D construction site.
If you have a JLab badge, please wear it to the event. If you are an adult family member, please carry photo ID.