JLab Lab-wide Open House & General Cleanup Set for May 7-14
Jefferson Lab will hold a lab-wide spring cleanup May 7-14 (a Monday through the following Monday) in advance of the May 19 Open House. The cleanup will involve all divisions and all employees.
Managers are responsible for ensuring the participation of their individual departments and work centers. The goal is to clean up individual and group work areas, as well as to remove scrap wood, cardboard, metals, trash and any excess items that may have piled up over time both indoors and out.
Special attention is requested to all areas – indoors and out – that will be traveled on or be visible to the public during the May 19 Open House. This includes:
• CEBAF Center: Main entrance, both atriums and first floor lobby; first floor F Wing, and the first floor A and C Wing hallways.
• The CC Circle and the SURA walkway to the TED, Bldg. 55.
• TED, Bldg. 55: Overhang/entrance and first floor lobby, the enclosed hallway linking the lobby to the rear exit, the courtyard and the connected walkway.
• Test Lab, Bldg. 58: High Bay and cavity processing and cryomodule assembly areas and the High Bay roll-up door driveway area.
• The asphalt pad behind the TED and Test Lab and Cornell Univ. Road.
• The east side of the EEL, Bldg. 90, and the Test Lab: Facing the sidewalk along Hadron Drive.
• Machine Control Center (MCC), Bldg. 85: The entrance and CEBAF Control Room and hallway to the restrooms and water fountain.
• Accelerator Site: Outdoors around Buildings 85, 87 and 89; south and east sides of Bldg. 23; north side of Bldg. 36; and the accelerator loop road and CEBAF Blvd. The buildings that may be used for tunnel tour access: the South Access Bldg., Bldg. 38, as well as Bldgs. 4 and 70.
• Central Helium Liquefier (CHL), Bldg. 8: Frontage along CEBAF Blvd.
• Hall D Counting House and Hall D, Bldgs. 200/203: to include the stairwell and truck ramp, Bethe Drive and the parking lot and paved area from the truck ramp to the parking lot.
• Hall C: to include the truck ramp, as well as the paved area between Halls A and C and the Physics Storage Building, Bldg. 72. (Some materials in this area won’t be moved: pipes/shielding blocks).
• Physics Storage Building, Bldg. 72: the paved area in front of the Physics Storage Building.
• Hall B and access road: The access road, CEBAF Blvd., from the guard gate to and including the Hall B truck ramp.
The cleanup also provides an excellent time to identify and remove excess items. Contact the Property Office at exts. 7025/5899 for the removal of excess and unused equipment, furniture and materials. This includes nonfunctioning uninterruptible power supply (UPS) boxes, which are considered property; contact the Property office for disposal of UPS boxes. Keep in mind: All property to be excessed must be submitted for processing through: https://mis.jlab.org/mis/apps/cis/property/transfer/compileExcess.cfm
During the cleanup, please keep recyclable material streams separated. In other words, wood scrap, recyclable metals, cardboard, paper and other permissible recyclable office waste should go into the proper collection containers at the Central Materials Storage Area (CMSA). General waste is to be collected and brought to the CMSA’s “trash” compactor.
The cleanup is not optional. Everyone is expected to participate.