JLab parking, driving restrictions for Run-A-Round
Jefferson Lab's annual Run-A-Round takes place tomorrow afternoon! Please be aware that normal traffic patterns are altered for this event. Anyone planning to leave JLab between 2 and 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 30, needs to park their vehicle in the ARC parking after lunch (1 p.m.)., and must depart via the Lawrence Road/Hogan Drive entrance to the ARC. The Onnes Drive and Hofstadter Road entrances will be closed to all traffic from 2-4 p.m. for the Run-A-Round.
During the run/walk, Onnes Drive, SURA Road, Lawrence Road, Hofstadter Road and the parking lot between the VARC and CEBAF Center (Rutherford Road) will also be closed to vehicles.
Rattley Road will be closed to JLab traffic from the evening of Tuesday, May 29, through about 10 a.m. on Thursday, May 31 - to accommodate tent set up and tear down for the event. Traffic coming down Hogan, from Jefferson Ave., will be able to reach the SURA Residence Facility. Please see the Run-A-Round map to view the race course and associated closed roads.
Final registration and Run-A-Round schedule for Wednesday, May 30:
- Online Registration ends at 11 a.m.: Please register immediate family members attending with you
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m.: Pick up race bib (number) outside the main entrance to CEBAF Center
11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Late registration outside the main entrance to CEBAF Center
(Late registrants won't be eligible for Run-A-Round awards)
- 3 p.m.: Winning T-shirt unveiled in the CEBAF Center Circle
- 3:30 p.m.: Run-A-Round begins (Start line on SURA Road in front of CEBAF Center)
- 4 p.m.: Refreshments on Rattley Road - just beyond the finish line.
- 4:30 p.m.: Awards presentations on Rattley Road
In case of inclement weather on May 30, the event will take place at the same time on the following day, Thursday, May 31.
Join us for an afternoon of fun, refreshments and camaraderie.
Your JAG Chair,