JLab Power Outage Planned for June 4; No Building Access During Outage
On June 4, Facilities Management & Logistics personnel will test oil-filled transformers affecting buildings on the Jefferson Lab Campus. Power to the affected buildings will be turned off promptly at 5 p.m. and is expected to be turned back on at 1 a.m. All building occupants are required to leave these buildings no later than 5 p.m. on June 4 and may not re-enter the buildings until the power has been restored.
These buildings will be affected:
- Test Lab, All power except that supplied by T-SUB-6, (Bldg. 58)
- This includes most of the west half of the old Test Lab, the Test Lab utilities in the basement, and the North Addition (HDIce area). This work will not affect air handlers in the cleanroom, but it will affect air conditioning and re-heat. This work will not affect emergency power in the HDIce area.
- Cryogenics Test Facility (CTF), all power, (Bldg. 57)
- Central Materials Storage Area, (Bldg. 34 and remaining areas of the CMSA)
- EHS&Q Bldg., all power, (Bldg. 52)
- Radcon Calibration Lab, all power, (Bldg. 54)
Emergency power will not be affected, because it is on an emergency generator and is cooled separately.
If inclement weather becomes an issue, work will be rescheduled to June 5 at the same times. If that is also an issue, it will be rescheduled for June 6 at the same times.
If you have any questions about this work or its impacts, contact Paul Powers at ext. 7258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.