JSA 2017 TIAA-CREF 401K Open Enrollment Begins Today
The 401(k) Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA) Open enrollment for Calendar Year 2018 will be offered from November 28, 2017 through December 11, 2017. All elections will be reflected in the January 12, 2018, paycheck. Web-based enrollment is offered for your convenience.
To access the 401(k) GSRA enrollment link, go to the Lab's Insight page, under Announcements. Or you may follow this link: https://misportal.jlab.org/mis/apps/hr/gsra_enrollment/
DO YOU NEED TO ENROLL?
- If you wish to contribute more or less than the 5% default contribution, or opt-out of this program, you must enter the on-line system no later than close of business (5:00pm) on Monday, December 11.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT ENROLL?
- If you do not enter the on-line system prior to close of business (5:00pm) on Monday, December 11 you will automatically be enrolled in the default employee 5 % contribution plan that is based on your current salary.
2018 Annual Contribution Limits Increased from $18,000 to $18,500 ($500 additional dollars)
- Voluntary Employee Contribution = $18,500
- Catch-Up Allowance (50+ years of age) an additional $6,000, totaling $24,500 maximum
- Total annual maximum contribution from the employee and employer = $55,000
Participant Loan Provisions are as follows:
- Participant may have no more than 3 loans outstanding at one time and no more than 1 loan may be issued in any rolling 12-month period.
Annual Safe Harbor Plan Participant Notice and 2016 Summary Annual Report:
- JSA is required to provide you with the 401(k) Safe Harbor non-elective contribution arrangement and the 2016 Summary Annual Report which describes plan related rules along with the plan financial statement
- Please review the attached Safe Harbor Notice and the Summary Annual Report for additional details
You can change your contribution amount any time during the year by submitting a new Salary Reduction Agreement form. These forms are located in the Human Resources Office in the SSC building.
If you have questions, please contact Treva Ferguson (x 7291).