Posted on behalf of the Human Resources Benefits Consultant
The 401(k) Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA) open enrollment for calendar year 2020 will end tomorrow, Dec. 13, 2019. All elections will be reflected in the Jan. 15, 2020, paycheck. Web-based enrollment is offered for your convenience.
To access the 401(k) GSRA enrollment link, go to the lab's Insight page, under Announcements or you may click here.
DO YOU NEED TO ENROLL?
- If you wish to contribute more or less than the 5% default contribution, or opt-out of this program, you must enter the on-line system no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT ENROLL?
- If you do not enter the online system prior to 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13, you will automatically be enrolled in the default employee 5% contribution plan that is based on your current salary.
2020 Annual Contribution Limits Increased from $19,000 to $19,500 (Increase of $500)
- Voluntary Employee Contribution = $19,500
- Catch-Up Allowance (50+ years of age) an additional $6,500, totaling $26,000 maximum
- Total annual maximum contribution from the employee and employer = $57,000
Participant Loan Provisions are as follows:
- Participant may have no more than three loans outstanding at one time and no more than one loan may be issued in any rolling 12-month period.
Annual Safe Harbor Plan Participant Notice and 2018 Summary Annual Report:
- JSA is required to provide you with the 401(k) Safe Harbor non-elective contribution arrangement and the 2018 Summary Annual Report which describes plan related rules along with the financial statement plan.
- Please follow these links for the Safe Harbor Notice and the Summary Annual Report for additional details.
You can change your contribution amount any time during the year by submitting a new Salary Reduction Agreement form. These forms are located in the Human Resources Office in the SSC building. Effective dates of contribution changes are determined by JSA's payroll schedule.
If you have questions, please contact Treva Ferguson at x7291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Resources Director
CONTACT: Treva Ferguson, x7291, email@example.com