Property Custodian: Complete Property Validation & Refresher Training by April 15
- Jefferson Lab's 2010 property validation process began April 1 and runs through April 15. During this period, all property custodians must complete a property validation for all items on their property list. Nearly every staff member is a property custodian. A property custodian may have one item or more than 100 assigned to him or her. For instance, if you have a JLab computer, you are a property custodian.
During the annual validation period, each custodian must "validate" all of the items on his or her inventory list. Like last year, custodians will be asked to state the general condition of their assigned property: "good," "fair" or "poor." Guidance for determining property condition is provided on your property validation webpage.
- To pull down your property list, access the Property Validation utility from: https://mis.jlab.org/mis/apps/index.cfm?app_id=149
- Or visit your property validation page from the JLab Insight page: https://misportal.jlab.org/InsightWebProject/login.jsp. Look for the Property Validation link in the Personal Information block on the left side of your Insight Front Page.
- Also during this time, all property custodians must take the Property Custodian Refresher GEN 150 training (about 5 minutes). The training can be accessed directly from this link: https://www.jlab.org/div_dept/train/Property/Property%20Custodian%20Training/Property%20Custodian%20Refresher%20Jan%202016-1%20%28Web%29/index.html.
Or you may go to the web-based training page: http://www.jlab.org/div_dept/train/webbasedtraining.html. Click on Property Custodian Refresher to access the training.
- Report Lost, Misplaced Property
The Property Policy Manual Section 3.16 states: If property cannot be located during the validation, custodians must report the missing property (including: borrowed, user owned and property in the possession of subcontractors) to the Jefferson Lab Property Officer by email (email@example.com).
Immediately following this initial notification, the custodian must initiate a Jefferson Lab Missing Item Report (available on the Property Management webpage at: http://www.jlab.org/fm/property/) and then route the report through their Division Management.
Division Management shall investigate the loss and include the following elements in the report:
- Why property cannot be located
- Actions taken to locate property
- Actions to prevent recurrence of loss.
The Missing Item Report with Division Management comments must then be forwarded to:
Jefferson Lab Property Manager
Mail Stop 28G