Feb. 5, 2013
With the launch of Jefferson Lab's new E-Commerce system on Jan. 10, JLab staff members are asked to first check the E-Commerce system for their desired product before writing a purchase requisition.
Procurement will return to the originator all requisitions for products which are available via E-Commerce.
If you aren't familiar with the new E-Commerce system, please refer to this link:
- Sign in using your JLab username and password.
- Select "Help" from the Menu on the left for Instructions and other information.
- Select "Shop" from the Menu list when you are ready to begin shopping.
- While shopping, if you encounter a problem or need assistance finding an item, click on the "Contact" tab and contact the Government Scientific Source (GSS) representative using the phone number/email provided on the page.
- The E-Commerce link is also available from the INSIGHT page. Click on the E-Commerce + Stockroom link in the Popular Applications portal.
Important Note: A popular vendor, McMaster-Carr, isn't participating in the E-Commerce system. Purchases from McMaster-Carr of less than $1,000 should be placed using a JLab P-Card. If no one in your work group has a P-Card, please speak with your supervisor about obtaining one.
Since the launch of the E-Commerce system we have received positive feedback from many who attended the training. With your support, we are confident of the continued success of this system.
Submitted: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 - 1:00am