Steps to Make Sure You Get JLab Severe Weather Status Notices
Staff, Users Can Receive JLab Site-Wide Alert Pager Messages on Personal Mobile Phones
Staff and Users: You may receive Jefferson Lab Site-Wide Alert pager messages on your personal mobile phone. These messages could include severe weather advisories, laboratory closing and delayed opening notices and other types of emergency messages.
- To register your mobile phone to receive these messages, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Add personal cell to SWA JList List". In the body of the email, provide your name, mobile phone number including area code and the service carrier (Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, etc.). Only U.S. phone numbers work in this system.
- Option: Add a note to the email if you want your personal mobile phone information included in the staff-search web application so others at the lab can text you on your mobile phone.
- If you currently receive Site-Wide Alerts on your personal mobile phone and wish to opt out or need to change your mobile phone number/service carrier, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that the number be removed from the system, or identifying the information that needs to be changed.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com
Staff, Users Should Get Automated Phone Calls Regarding JLab Closures, Delayed Openings
Jefferson Lab uses an automated phone message system to call the home or mobile phone numbers of lab staff and members of its scientific Users group in the event of a delayed opening or a closure due to unplanned events such as severe weather.
Staff (JSA employees): To ensure that you receive these automated phone calls, make sure your preferred phone number is loaded in your Employee Self Service System (ESS) account.
Here’s how to check or change your phone number:
- Use your Jefferson Lab user name and password to log into the Employee Self-Service System (ESS) at: https://misportal.jlab.org/DeltekTC/
- Click on the Self-Service tab, then click on Employee Information to open the menu options list. Then click on Address/Phone.
- In the box labeled Telephone, go to the field labeled Home and enter the Home phone number you want dialed to receive automated messages. If you don't have a Home phone or prefer that your mobile phone receives these messages, leave the Home field blank and fill in the field labeled Mobile.
- Then move your cursor to the upper, left corner of the utility screen and click on Save. This will force an update to your ESS information and your new or changed phone number will be loaded into the lab's automated phone message system. Log out of ESS by clicking on “logout” in the upper right corner of your screen.
Your Mobile phone number will be called if no Home phone is listed.
CEBAF Users group (CUGA): Active Users phone numbers are pulled from JList for these calls.
- To update your JList entry, use your JLab computer account user name and password to log in at: https://misportal.jlab.org/jlist/. This system must be accessed from a computer physically located at Jefferson Lab and connected to the lab’s network by hardline. WiFi will not work.
- Pull up your JList information by clicking on the “People” menu option on the left sidebar and then clicking on the “My Info” link.
- Click on the “Personal” tab.
- Click on the “Edit My Info” button in the lower left corner of the box.
- Find or add a “LOCAL” address. Input the desired U.S. phone number into the “Phone” field. Then click the “Save Address” button.
Log out of JList by clicking on “logout” in the upper right corner of your screen.