Software & Computing Round Table
- Software & Computing Round Tablehttps://www.jlab.org/roundtableRemote2021-05-04EDT11:00:00 ~ 2021-05-04EDT12:30:0015277
The topic of the Software & Computing Round Table on May 4 will be “User-Centered Design”
On Tuesday, May 4, at 11 a.m. (EDT) / 5:00 p.m. (CET), we will explore how to create good user experience and how to empower users who are not Software & Computing experts. We will discuss how to improve our software stack to make it easier for all type of users to actively participate in simulations and data analysis:
- Travis Wiggins will share "Best Practices: Creating Good User Experience”.
- Wouter Deconinck (University of Manitoba) will review "EIC User Survey and Focus Groups: First Insights”.
- Sylvester Joosten (ANL) will present an "Automated Workflow for End-To-End Simulations and Detector Design Optimizations”.
- Andre Sailer (CERN) will introduce "Key4hep: The Turnkey Software Stack”.
You can find the detailed agenda on: https://indico.jlab.org/event/420/#day-2021-05-04
We will use Zoom for the remote meeting:
- Meeting ID: 161 5715 0845
- Password: 614170
Brookhaven National Laboratory, the HEP Software Foundation, and Jefferson Lab are organizing the Software & Computing Round Table to foster the interplay of computing and science. The monthly round table forum aims for knowledge transfer and to encourage common projects within our scientific community. More information about the Software & Computing Round Table (upcoming meetings, previous presentations) can be found on: https://www.jlab.org/roundtable