Center for Accelerator Science
- Hani E. Elsayed-Ali, Ph.D., University of Illinois-Urbana, 1985, Ultrafast laser-based measurements; ultrafast electron diffraction; laser processing; thin film deposition; semiconductor surface preparation and characterization; electron emitters and electron gun design.
- Ravindra P. Joshi, Ph.D., Arizona State University, 1988, Physics of ultrafast phenomena, Monte Carlo modeling for device applications; High-field, non-equilibrium transport; Breakdown in solid dielectrics, liquids and gases; Computational Bioelectrics
- Carlos Hernandez, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University, 2001.Design and construction of high power DC electron guns, design/modeling of high brightness injectors
- Matt Poelker, Ph.D., Northwestern University, 1992. Photocathode electron guns; polarized electrons; drive laser technology.
- Yuhong Zhang, Ph.D., University of Maryland, 1990. Theoretical Studies of Classical and Quantum Beam Physics
- Alicia Hofler, RF electron guns
- Mat Wright, Improving the efficiency of He liquefiers
Degrees awarded in Accelerator Engineering
- Mahesh Chowdhary, Ph.D. (1996). Online System Identification for Control System Applications in Particle Accelerators
- Deepesh Kumar Koppunuru, M.S. (2007). PARMELA-based simulations of Jefferson Lab 10 KW upgrade IR FEL Injector
- Peter Knudsen M.S. (2008). Process Study for Small Scale 2K Refrigeration Systems