The 13th International Conference on Hypernuclear and Strange Particle Physics
June 24-29, 2018
Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel
425 Water Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
Arriving by Air
Three major airports are within two hours of the conference venue: Newport News/Williamsburg International, Norfolk International, and Richmond International.
- Newport News/Williamsburg Airport (35 miles or 56km - get directions)
- Norfolk International Airport (13 miles or 21km -get directions)
- Richmond International Airport (93 miles or 150km - get directions)
Travel from Norfolk International Airport may include a toll through the Downtown Tunnel. For more information on this toll, please go to the Elizabeth River Tunnel website. The toll ranges from $5.17 to $5.53 depending on the day and the time.
Traveling to the venue by Automobile
Whether you are traveling into Newport News, Norfolk, or Richmond airports, there are many options to get to the Renaissance Portsmouth-Norfolk Waterfront Hotel by car.
Other transportation services include:
- Oleta Coach Lines, Inc. at (757) 253-1008
- Andy's Cab Co. at (757) 461-8880 or (866) 840-6573
- Black and White at (757) 855-4444
- James River Transportation at (757) 963-0433 or (757) 321-1541
- Norfolk Checker at (757) 855-3333
- Yellow Cab at (757) 622-3232
- Groome Transportation at (804) 222-7226
Traveling to the venue by Rail
Amtrak provides daily service to Newport News from Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and Richmond.