Green Purchasing Program
Overview of Affirmative Procurement Green Purchasing
The purchase and use of products and services can have a profound impact on the environment. It is the intent of Jefferson Lab to integrate environmental considerations into every aspect of acquisition. Although the environment may not be the core of our professional mission, the integration of these factors will result in economic, health, and environmental gains that will further our goals.
- The responsibility for Environmentally preferable purchasing is shared by all Lab personnel.
- Lab personnel should seek to reduce the environmental damages associated with their purchases by increasing their acquisition of environmentally preferable products and services to the extent feasible, consistent with price, performance, availability, and safety considerations
- Environmental factors should be taken into account as early as possible in the acquisition planning and decision-making process
- Environmentally preferable purchasing represents one important component of the Lab's commitment to pollution prevention
Jefferson Lab is committed to the following:
- Increasing the acquisition of environmentally preferable products and services to fully support DOE's goals and to meet our contract requirements
- Identifying and implementing Affirmative Procurement (AP) awareness programs that will result in improved compliance with environmental preferable acquisition
- Establish user friendly processes that will efficiently promote market research and the procurement of AP goods and services