Physics Topics: Campaigns
The Structure of Nuclei
- What is the structure of nuclear matter?
- How well does nuclear theory describe the energy and spatial structure of the single nucleon wavefunctions?
- Can the parameterized N-N force adequately describe the short-range correlations among the nucleons?
- What can the introduction of an "impurity" (in the form of a Λ) tell us about the nuclear environment and the N-N force?
- At what distance and energy scale does the underlying quark and gluon structure of nuclear matter become evident?