Physics Topics: Campaigns
The Structure of the Nuclear Building Blocks
- How are nucleons made from quarks and gluons?
- What are the spatial distributions of u, d, s quarks in the hadrons?
- What is the excited state spectrum of the hadrons, and what does it reveal about the underlying degrees-of-freedom?
- What is the QCD basis for the spin structure of the hadrons?
- What is the spatial and momentum distribution of quarks in hadrons?
- What can other hadron properties tell us about 'strong' QCD?
- How does QCD work in the 'strong' (confinement) regime?
- How does the NN force arise from the underlying quark and gluon structure of hadronic matter?