PHP Poster

Hadron 2015


XVI International Conference on Hadron Spectroscopy
September 13-18, 2015
Marriott at City Center
Newport News, VA

Visa Information

As of October 2004, new visa arrangements are in force for visitors to the United States. Details can be found at the US State Department

Visitors from the 27 visa-waiver countries must present a machine-readable passport at the US port of entry in order to enter without a visa. All visitors requiring visas are urged to apply early to allow ample time (3-4 months minimum) for their visas to be processed by their local American Embassy or Consulate.

Also, as soon as a visa application has been submitted, applicants are encouraged to register with the National Academy of Sciences (NAS). On the NAS website, fill out the 'Visa Questionnaire' NAS staff review the list weekly and will notify the US State Department of any visa application that has been pending more than 30 days.

Additional information regarding visas may be obtained at American Physical Society, International Affairs and The National Academies, International Visitors Office.

Note: For conference attendees who will or may be receiving any kind of support from the conference (travel, honorarium, etc.), the following requirements apply:

  • If you need a visa to enter the US, make sure it is a B1 (business) visa, not a B2 (tourist) visa.
  • If you will be entering the US on a waiver, make sure it is a WB (waiver, business), not a WT (waiver, tourist).
  • Be sure to declare your trip as business at the port of entry, and that your I-94 form is marked appropriately.
  • Be sure to request an invitation letter from your JLab sponsor to show the officer at the US port-of-entry.

International Visitor Registration

The U.S. Department of Energy requires all non-U.S. citizens to provide passport, visa, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services information before entry to Jefferson Lab. In addition, DOE headquarters approval is required before entry of persons whose country of origin is Iran, Sudan, or Syria. The graded-approach implementation of the U.S. Department of Energy foreign visits policy allows controlled visits of limited duration and public tours. If your Jefferson Lab sponsor or business contact requires more frequent visits, you must register as an international user and receive a Jefferson Lab badge. All non-U.S. citizens must bring and present government issued picture identification, i.e. passport or green card, and current USCIS documents for review. Entry to Jefferson Lab may be denied if identification and current immigration status cannot be verified.

JLab Registration/International Services can assist in your visit preparations by calling 757-269-7598 or 757-269-7687. JLab Registration/International Services is located at SSC building 28 on the Jefferson Lab campus.