44th Course of the International School/Workshop of Nuclear Physics
- 44th Course of the International School/Workshop of Nuclear Physicshttps://theorie.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de/erice/2023/Erice, Italy2023-09-18EDT8:00:00 ~ 2023-09-24EDT17:00:0018382
Welcome to the 44th Course of the International School/Workshop of Nuclear Physics on the topic, "From quarks and gluons to hadrons and nuclei."
The School/Workshop will be held in Erice, Sicily/Italy, from September 18 (arrival day) to September 24 (departure day), 2023.
In the 44th course, we intend to discuss the current status of the field of hadron physics including invited lectures by international experts of the various subareas as well as invited and contributed talks by the participants. We aim to cover a broad range of topics to elucidate synergies and identify areas of future progress. These are:
- properties of quarks and gluons
- mass generation and confinement
- spectra and decays of conventional baryons
- spectra and decays of exotic baryons (hybrids, pentaquarks)
- spectra and decays of exotic mesons (glueballs, four-quark states, hybrids)
- form factors and structure functions of hadrons
- emergence of nuclear forces from QCD
Registration is open from now on until June 15th on our webpage: https://theorie.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de/erice/2023/
There will be a conference fee of 900.- Euros, which covers all local costs for accommodation, food and social activities (excursion). Also included is transportation by car from Palermo (100 km) or Trapani (about 35 km) airports to Erice and back on September 18th and 24th (only).