The Jefferson Lab Press Room
- Newport News, VA (March 23, 2020) – In an effort to minimize the risk to the Jefferson Lab workforce and in keeping with recommendations from national, state, and local authorities, the Department of Energy’s Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility is temporari
- First Jefferson Lab Employee Selected for Department of Energy Program
- Jefferson Lab hosted 14 teams from across Virginia during the annual Middle School Science Bowl on Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020
- Members of the media and public are invited to observe the 2020 Virginia Regional Middle School Science Bowl Competition at Jefferson Lab on Saturday, Feb. 29
- In the first direct probes of the core of the nuclear interaction, researchers find that leading theories on interactions between protons and neutrons describe them well, even in conditions where the protons and neutrons strongly overlap, such as in neutron stars.
- Andrei Seryi has been named a Governor’s Distinguished CEBAF Professor
- Steven Hoey brings more than 30 years of environment, safety and health expertise to Jefferson Lab
- Register now for the March 3 event, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Development of new cavities and cryocoolers can make SRF technology practical for industrial applications.
- Interested in conducting five experiments using the accelerator’s beam to study the nuclei of tritium, a rare isotope of hydrogen, Jefferson Lab researchers turned to the experts at Savannah River Tritium Enterprise (SRTE) for assistance.
- Jefferson Science Associates Minority/Female Undergraduate Research Assistantship Recipient Credits Early Exposure to Science for Career Aspirations
- Department of Energy Awards Jefferson Lab the GreenBuy Award for the Third Consecutive Year
- Jefferson Lab is pleased to host the A.I. for Nuclear Physics Workshop, held March 4-6, 2020, in Newport News, Virginia. A Free A.I. Hack-A-Thon geared toward junior scientists will precede the workshop on March 3.
- Introducing Strangely Charmed; a brand new collaboration between Oozlefinch Craft Brewery and Jefferson Lab! The Oozlefinch team recently visited the lab and were inspired to create a series of beers influenced by the science conducted on lab campus.
- A new project aims to use machine learning to improve up-time of particle accelerators
- More Than 1,300 Students in Newport News Will Participate in the BEAMS (Becoming Enthusiastic About Math and Science) program at Jefferson Lab