These are suggestions for free time activities and destinations. (Try at your own risk, no guarantee implied!)
Feel free to send us your own suggestions, and we can add these to the list.
In Newport News
- Newport News Greek Festival - from May 30 to June 2 - Free.
- Port Warwick concert series - Every Wednesday evening at Port Warwick - Free
- Tradition brewery at city center - Live Music, plus every Wednesday is Trivia night.
Check their facebook page for other events: https://www.facebook.com/TraditionBrewing/
- Jazz at the Train Station - Every Friday: dinner + jazz (no ticket, but you have to have dinner).
Check their calendar for other events: http://www.thetrainstation757.com/station.htm
- Visiting Jamestown. $14 per person
- Virginia Air & Space center. $19 per person
- Busch Gardens Theme & Water Park, Williamsburg
- Colonial Williamsburg. Walking around for free. Tickets for entering the buildings.
- Going to Virginia Beach
Bring sun lotion and plenty of water.