U.S. AND FOREIGN NATIONAL ACCESS REGISTRATION
All persons (U.S. and Foreign Nationals) requesting access to Jefferson Lab are required to register in the Electronic Access Registration System (EARS) https://misportal.jlab.org/jlabAccess/
All Foreign Nationals are required to submit the Electronic Access Registration form at least 7 days before the onsite arrival start date.
FNs arriving onsite without fulfilling the seven (7) day advanced registration requirement or without the required ID Documents https://www.jlab.org/human_resources/jris/id will not be allowed escorted or un-escorted access to JLab’s facilities until all is approved and validated and a JLab photo badge is issued (if applicable).
DOE Office of Science approval is required before entry of persons whose citizenship, country of birth, employer, or affiliations is North Korea, Iran, Sudan or Syria.
All guests are required to check-in upon arrival onsite at JLab at the Services and Support Bldg. 28 Front Desk to present required ID Documents https://www.jlab.org/human_resources/jris/id for access validation.
Electronic Access Portal Process Overview and Screenshots (U.S. and Foreign National)
Contact with questions:
- Visitor/Guest Access Portal
- Dosimeter Information (on site only)
- ID Requirements
- B-1 Visa
- English Proficiency Test for J-1 Exchange Visitors
- J-1Exchange Visitors Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
- Social Security Card
- J-1 Non-immigrants Applying for a Social Security Number
- Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments
- U.S. Tax Information
- Virginia State Tax Information
- English as a Second Language
- Requirements for Receiving JLab Support
- Visa Document Guidelines Required for Travel Reimbursement for Foreign National Visitors
- Student Orientation Booklet
- International Visitors
- Mentoring JLab Students
- Hosting Foreign Nationals