Registration and Returning Foreign Nationals
To ensure a timely and efficient transition into the Lab, submittal of the Electronic Access Request Registration Form is required at least 7 days before the onsite arrival start date. Access will not be granted until all required validations and approvals are complete.
This online registration process provides all information required by the Lab for site and building access, training, badging, medical insurance and computer account. New registration forms are required for:
- All new users
- All returning foregin national users
- All US users who have not been onsite within the last 2 years
- All visitors
- All education students and teachers
An Invitation letter is required at the port of entry for all non US citizens requesting a business visa (B-1, WB) to participate in research, workshop, conferences and meetings at JLab. These activities are prohibited with Tourist Visa (B-2, WT)
An IRS tax form must be completed if any type of funding is received from Jefferson Lab (travel, lodging, per diem, etc.). All unique tax forms are populated in the Electronic Access Portal for completion and submittal electronically during the registration process.
Visa and immigration information must be submitted to the JLab Registration/International Services (Support Service Center, building 28) for each foreign national visit and assignment to the Lab to establish on-site approval status. Upon completion and departure of a current visit or assignment, on-site access approval status is closed out and badges are disabled until the next on-site visit or assignment.
Foreign national users must complete a new access request form for each new visit.
International Registration: DOE headquarters approval is required before entry of persons whose country of origin is Iran, Sudan, or Syria. All non-U.S. citizens must bring and present government-issued picture identification, i.e. green card, passport, visa, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services information before entry to Jefferson Lab. Entry to Jefferson Lab may be denied if identification and current immigration status cannot be verified. Please see UFV&A for more information.
We regret any inconvenience this process may cause and hope you understand our position in these times of heightened security. Please contact email@example.com (757) 269-7598, firstname.lastname@example.org (757) 269-6119 or email@example.com (757) 269-7687 regarding any questions or concerns.
- Visitor/Guest Access Portal
- Dosimeter Information (on site only)
- ID Requirements
- B-1 Visa
- English Proficiency Test for J-1 Exchange Visitors
- J-1Exchange Visitors Arriving at a U.S. Port of Entry
- Social Security Card
- J-1 Non-immigrants Applying for a Social Security Number
- Unclassified Foreign Visits & Assignments
- U.S. Tax Information
- Virginia State Tax Information
- English as a Second Language
- Requirements for Receiving JLab Support
- Visa Document Guidelines Required for Travel Reimbursement for Foreign National Visitors
- Student Orientation Booklet
- International Visitors
- Mentoring JLab Students
- Hosting Foreign Nationals