This plan shows the Jefferson Lab walking trail. As you use it, please remember that it was constructed on a bare-bones budget. There are no frills. It is yours to enjoy ... we hope everybody will help keep it clean.
When walking on JLab property:
- Walk on sidewalks whenever possible.
- When you have to walk on roads: Walk facing the on-coming traffic. Stay on the shoulder of the road as much as is practical and safe.
- Avoid walking through parking lots when possible. Walk around the out edge of the parking lot or walk across it at its narrowest point. Avoid walking behind parked cars or between cars.
- Don't walk through or around construction areas.
- Don't walk around or between vehicles that are being loaded or unloaded.
1. Leave Jefferson Lab's main entrance (Onnes Dr.) and turn left onto the sidewalk paralleling Jefferson Ave. Walk down to Thimble Shoals Blvd. (the entrance to City Center) and turn left onto the sidewalk paralleling Thimble Shoals. Walk down to the City Center pond, turn around and walk back to JLab. This walk is just a little over two miles, round trip. You are on the sidewalk the entire time and the only street you need to cross is Middle Ground.
2. Leave Jefferson Lab's main entrance (Onnes Dr.) and turn right onto the sidewalk paralleling Jefferson Ave. Walk down to the intersection of Jefferson and Oyster point. Turn around and return to JLab. This walk is just a little less than two miles, roundtrip. You are on the sidewalk the entire time.