"Jefferson Lab considers no activity to be so urgent or important that our standards for environmental protection, health, or safety may be compromised. "
Jefferson Lab considers no activity to be so urgent or important that its standards for environmental protection, safety, or health may be compromised. It is Jefferson Lab's policy to identify and adhere to all applicable ESH&Q laws, regulations, standards, and the Department of Energy's contractual commitments. Jefferson Lab performs these obligations by:
- Protecting the environment, preventing pollution, and ensuring the safety and health of staff, users, visitors and the surrounding community.
- Integrating safety management (ISM) principles in the planning and execution of all work including:
- Defining the scope of work
- Analyzing the hazards
- Developing and implementing hazard controls
- Performing work within controls
- Providing feedback and continuous improvement
- Empowering JSA employees, subcontractors, and users with the responsibility and expectation - without reprisal - to stop work that endangers people, environment or quality.
- Involving all levels of the organization in establishing ESH&Q objectives and targets.
- Assure Quality excellence by ensuring all levels of the organization have defined processes and procedures commensurate with work activities; training and qualifications of the work according to procedures is current for employees; and that procedures and processes are self assessed for effectiveness and continuous improvement.
Jefferson Lab makes this ESH&Q policy available to all stakeholders including employees, visitors, regulatory entities and members of the surrounding community for their information and use.